The Government has announced that New Zealand will be at Alert Level 3 from 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August. We will be at Alert Level 3 for 3 days. At Alert Level 3, consultations will continue virtually via phone and video (Skype, Zoom, doxy.me). We will continue with the strict hygiene and physical distancing measures we have establish since the previous lock-down to ensure the facility is safe and to protect you and our staff. [Read More]
We hope everyone is staying safe during the lockdown.
We have been physically closed since Monday 30 March, however, we have been continuing to look after our patients virtually via phone and video (skype, zoom, doxy.me) consultations. We are hopeful we can re-start our services soon.
Our staff will be contacting patients to tentatively book appointments with the assumption that we will come out of lockdown on April 24. The Ministry of Health will make a final decision on April 20. If the lockdown is extended we will be in touch to reschedule your appointment.
Please note that we are taking the following hygiene and physical distancing measures to protect you and our staff to keep our facility as safe as possible.
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring your own surgical masks. Everyone who enters the clinic must wear a surgical mask. Masks are not being provided at the clinic.
- Please come alone. People accompanying you will be asked to wait outside unless you have a language barrier, a disability that requires special care or are a child aged between 15y-18y.
- Please bring a water bottle and keep other personal belongings to a minimum. This is to reduce the risk of infection.
AT THE CLINIC
- COVID-19 screening at the entrance – you will be asked a set of questions, sign a health declaration form, and a temperature check will be taken before entering.
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering the clinic.
- There are hand sanitizers in all clinic rooms, reception, waiting room, theatre and recovery.
- Chairs are placed 1.5m apart to reduce the chance of transmission.
- All clinical staff will wear protective gowns, masks, face shields and gumboots. We will ensure the Theatre is thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- The facilities are cleaned and sterilized on a regular basis.
- No handshakes or hugs allowed.
- EFTPOS machines are sanitized after every use. No cash on premise.
- If you have a temperature of >37.5°C and have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, please contact Healthline on 0800 3585453 or visit a community based testing centre to be tested.
- If you have returned from overseas within 14 days but would still like to consult a specialist, we can offer you a video or phone consultation as an alternative.
We are reviewing the situation daily and will make adjustments where necessary. The above measures are in line with the public hospital system and the aim is to keep you, your doctor and our staff caring for you safe.
The Greenlane Medical Specialists Team