Thursday 25 February 2022 | 07:44 AM At 2359 24 February 2022 we will move into the Traffic Light System (Red) with Omicron (phase 3) in the community. We have reviewed our screening protocol for face-to-face patients to match the requirements of the Ministry of Health and the District Health Board. COVID-19 Omicron Policy Our preference and default is non-face to face clinics - we realize that some consultations are better in person, if you wish to have a face to face, please call 09 9306108 to discuss. For double and triple vaccinated patients, we may be able to serve you face-to-face in certain situations unless you have upper respiratory tract symptoms. Non face to face is preferred. Please submit a copy of your Vaccine Pass and fill out the COVID-19 Health Declaration Form prior to your arrival. You will be screened on arrival and make your payment. Please continue to stay outside the clinic and the Doctor will call you once they are ready. For unvaccinated patients or incomplete vaccinated patients, we require you to do a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) test on your arrival. Please come 30 minutes earlier and park outside the clinic. Call to inform us that you have arrived and one of our nurses will assist you with a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) test, which will be at your own cost. We consider this necessary to ensure the safety of our staff and other patients coming to the clinic. Please attend alone unless you are less than 15 years of age or if you need support due to your conditions. Please attend alone unless you are less than 15 years of ago or if you need support due to your condition. If you have further inquiries, please contact the Admin Team on 09 930 6108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. [Read More] Click below link to download the Health Declaration Form Health Declaration Form - English Health Declaration Form - Chinese Kia Kaha. Stay Safe. Be Kind. The Greenlane Medical Specialists Team [Read More]
We hope you are taking care during this COVID-19 pandemic and we understand that these times can be unsettling. The pandemic plan is in the “Stamp it out phase” I am taking this opportunity to share with you our measures that ensure that you are safe to consult with your specialist so we can continue to provide the best medical care for you and to ensure your safety.
1. We expect everybody who enters our facility (including staff members and patients) to have no fever (Temperature < 37.5 degrees) and that you have not returned from overseas within the last 14 days and you have not had symptoms that would suggest active COVID-19 or had close contact with someone who has.
2. We expect everybody to complete a Health Declaration Form to ensure that this is the case. We are doing this to protect you.
3. If you have a Temperature of > 37.5 and you have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, please contact Healthline on 0800 3585453.
4. If you have returned from overseas within 14 days but would still like to consult a specialist, we can offer you a video or phone consultation as an alternative.
5. Upon entering our facility please use the hand sanitizer provided to clean your hands.
6. Surgical masks are not required. Our staff will be wearing them to protect you. We will not be able to provide you with surgical masks, if you wish to wear one, please supply one yourself.
7. Please come alone if you can. People accompanying you will be asked to wait outside unless you have 1) a language barrier 2) a disability that requires special care 3) are a child aged between 15y-18y.
8. In the Waiting Room, the chairs will be placed 1.5m apart to reduce the chance of transmission
9. In Theatre, our clinical staff will wear protective gowns and masks as well as face shields and gumboots. In between each patient we will ensure the theatre has been thoroughly cleaned.
10. Our facilities will be cleaned and sterilized on a regular basis.
11. There are hand sanitizers in all the clinic rooms, the reception desk, the waiting room, theatre and recovery.
12. All staff are encouraged to take sick leave if they are feeling unwell.
13. No handshakes, no hugs allowed.
14. EFTPOS machines are sanitized after every use.
15. No cash transactions on premise. All transactions will be by EFTPOS or Online Transfer.
We are reviewing the situation daily and will make adjustments if necessary. The above measures are in line with the public hospital system and the aim is to keep you, your doctor and our staff caring for you safe and “Keep it out and Stamp it out”.
Patient Health Declaration Form [Download PDF]
The Greenlane Medical Specialists Team