Auckland will move to alert level 2 at midnight on Sunday 30 August. At Greenlane Medical Specialists our face-to-face consultations will resume. However, if you prefer phone or virtual consultations it will still be available. To arrange, contact the Admin Team on 09 930 6108 or email email@example.com. [Read More]
We hope you are taking care during this COVID-19 pandemic and we understand that these times can be unsettling. The pandemic plan is in the “Stamp it out phase” I am taking this opportunity to share with you our measures that ensure that you are safe to consult with your specialist so we can continue to provide the best medical care for you and to ensure your safety.
1. We expect everybody who enters our facility (including staff members and patients) to have no fever (Temperature < 37.5 degrees) and that you have not returned from overseas within the last 14 days and you have not had symptoms that would suggest active COVID-19 or had close contact with someone who has.
2. We expect everybody to complete a Health Declaration Form to ensure that this is the case. We are doing this to protect you.
3. If you have a Temperature of > 37.5 and you have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, please contact Healthline on 0800 3585453.
4. If you have returned from overseas within 14 days but would still like to consult a specialist, we can offer you a video or phone consultation as an alternative.
5. Upon entering our facility please use the hand sanitizer provided to clean your hands.
6. Surgical masks are not required. Our staff will be wearing them to protect you. We will not be able to provide you with surgical masks, if you wish to wear one, please supply one yourself.
7. Please come alone if you can. People accompanying you will be asked to wait outside unless you have 1) a language barrier 2) a disability that requires special care 3) are a child aged between 15y-18y.
8. In the Waiting Room, the chairs will be placed 1.5m apart to reduce the chance of transmission
9. In Theatre, our clinical staff will wear protective gowns and masks as well as face shields and gumboots. In between each patient we will ensure the theatre has been thoroughly cleaned.
10. Our facilities will be cleaned and sterilized on a regular basis.
11. There are hand sanitizers in all the clinic rooms, the reception desk, the waiting room, theatre and recovery.
12. All staff are encouraged to take sick leave if they are feeling unwell.
13. No handshakes, no hugs allowed.
14. EFTPOS machines are sanitized after every use.
15. No cash transactions on premise. All transactions will be by EFTPOS or Online Transfer.
We are reviewing the situation daily and will make adjustments if necessary. The above measures are in line with the public hospital system and the aim is to keep you, your doctor and our staff caring for you safe and “Keep it out and Stamp it out”.
Patient Health Declaration Form [Download PDF]
The Greenlane Medical Specialists Team