Endocrinology is the speciality of medicine that entails diseases of hormones. Hormones are chemicals made in different glands on the body that have an effect on other parts of the body.
An Endocrinologist is a doctor that specialises in Endocrinology.
Common Endocrine problems affect the following organs
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Metabolic Bone Diseases e.g. Osteoporosis, Paget’s disease
- Calcium/parathyroid disorders
- Thyroid diseases e.g. Graves disease, thyroid nodules, hypothyroidism, arrangement for radioactive iodine therapy
- Pituitary problems, e.g. prolactinoma, acromegaly, Cushing’s disease
- Adrenal problems, e.g. Conn’s syndrome, adrenal adenoma
- Female reproductive diseases e.g. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), menopause
- Male hypogonadism
- Hypertension management
Are you concerned that you may have a hormonal problem?
Book an appointment with a specialist to discuss your concerns in more detail.